CDR: Re: stego for the censored

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Oct 6 07:52:33 PDT 2000

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Tom Vogt wrote:

>I'm currently thinking of whether or not it is feasable to put stego
>data into EVERY .mp3 downloaded. just put random data into those not
>intended to carry a message.

For the sake of us audiophiles, please don't.  MP3 is tinny and flat
at best; it ticks me off that most folks seem to hear it as "good
enough", because if most folks hear it as "good enough" it means we're
not going to get a better sound format widely used.  You're talking
about making the audio channels a bit (more or less) thinner, but
they're too thin already.

				Bear