CDR: Re: VP debate drinking game

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Oct 5 20:34:04 PDT 2000

At 10:02 PM -0400 10/5/00, Steve Furlong wrote:
>David Honig wrote:
>>
>>  Every time a VP candidate during the debate
>>  says "weapons of mass destruction" you have to sip.
>
>And if they say "for the children" you finish the bottle.

I hadn't planned to, but I watched most of the debate tonight.

Though I won't in all likelihood vote for either the Reps or the
Dems, I was much-impressed with the debate. Both candidates were
thoughtful, had an easygoing command of the issues, and avoided
simplistic cheap shots. The humor was welcome.

No mention, that I caught, of either "weapons of mass destruction" or
"for the children," at least not in codeword ways. (There was some
blither about "Hollywood peddling smut," and both candidates seem
willing to suspend the Constitution on this point.)

I watched bits and pieces of the debate a few nights ago. It was
jarring in its freneticism, especially where algore kept trying to
squeeze in more points, kitchen-sink-style.

Generally I'm avoiding the campaign. I read no articles about the
campaign, I watched not a minute of either of the "conventions," and
I switch the channel on the t.v. when the election is covered.
Perhaps I'm watching the debates because I recently read a biography
of Lincoln.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.