CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 5 21:27:04 PDT 2000

     --
James A. Donald:

At 09:41 PM 10/5/2000 -0400, snit wrote:
 > look, digslug, Justin Schwartz is an oxford-trained, yale-trained
 > scholar,  now a lawyer with the seventh circuit.  he doesn't type
 > things on a publicly accessible listserv where he can easily be
 > quoted and humiliated for saying foolish things since the major new
 > york papers monitor it for political gossip.  the man who typed
 > that, justin schwartz, has written and published more than you've
 > typed on usenet so you ought to just STFU&STFD because your attempts
 > to crawl out of the gutter where you seem to happily luxuriate in
 > the scum, grime and waste are embarrassing.

Yet I seem to hit false citations, citations that are misleading and
sometimes nonexistent, every few pages of Chomsky.  If Justin Schwartz has
a success rate is so strangely different from my own, perhaps he can find
the infamous citation  "repeated discoveries that massacre reports were
false".  Which massacre reports were these?

And while he is at it, can he explain how come the eyewitness reports of
terror and intimidation taken by Ponchaud constitute third hand reports in
Chomsky's cites of Ponchaud?

And while he is at it, how come one of Chomsky's highly qualified experts
who supposedly ridiculed the false reports of Khmer Rouge crimes later said
that Phnom Penh was evacuated to smash resistance (a claim later confirmed
by Pol Pot) and that perhaps ten percent of the population of Phnom Penh
died as a result of the evactuation, an estimate he made before the famous
left wing U turn on Cambodia, an estimate that contradicts the general tone
of the letter Chomsky quoted, but does not contradict the substance of it
or the facts reported.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      zpm0nF0PAslx5syXxOvx/fLisCaXVxVrcIoHJ31o
      421EBABRmFfhBBXoKipKxu560aLyoq6DdhmY05cNo