CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

Reese reeza at flex.com
Thu Oct 5 18:31:38 PDT 2000

At 01:11 AM 05/10/00 -0700, James A.. Donald wrote:
 >     --
 > >This is a calumny. I have personally checked hundreds, and I do mean
 > > hundreds--probably over 500--Chomsky citations to original texts and
 > > documents, and have never found any error that was not an obvious
 > > typographical error, a misprint or something like that.
 >
 >It would take you years to check five hundred Chomsky citations.  His
 >citations are at best obscure and hard to find, at worst impossible to find.

The timescale for checking these quotes was not specified, I think it's
safe to assume that years did transpire.

 >Almost every Chomsky citation that I have checked was at best somewhat
 >misleading, and at worst a lie.

We've already seen how you picked up an extra word in that massacre quote,
is it safe to assume you've made other errors?

 >Chomsky's citations are usually false in one of three ways, sometimes false
 >in all three ways at the same time.
 >
 >1.  Chomsky misrepresents the authority of the sources.  For example
 >in  "Distortions at fourth hand" quoted in full in
 ><http://www.jim.com/jamesd/chomsdis.htm>

jim.com?  jamesd?  this is your personal website?  O-kaaaaaaay,,,
*there's nothing like citing an impartial source, is there?*
Just the same, I'll take a look.  If it's more than what, 200 words(?),
I wonder if Chomsky would be interested, along with the calumnies et al.?
*empty threat, I've no time and really don't care - but I wonder if the
page will still be up, tomorrow, when I check*

 >2.  Chomsky misrepresents the content of the sources:

A-HEM,,,  THE content of THE quote is highly contentious, is it not?
           ^^^            ^^^
 >3. Chomsky claims sources that just cannot be found.  In particular the
 >article "Distortions at fourth hand" first leads up to the purported
 >citation of "repeated discoveries that the massacre reports were false",

News flash for ya goodbuddy - that quote of yours has already been
repudiated.

Got anything better?  Something more recent, perhaps?
Like, within the last decade or two?
And hey?  Rather than a generic "Chomsky quotes..." give us a specific
one, like that other one we've sliced and diced and shoved back down
your throat.  20 years old, or less.

Reese