CDR: Re: Is Judge Jackson backing away from Microsoft breakup?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Oct 4 23:12:34 PDT 2000

At 5:39 PM -0700 10/4/00, jim bell wrote:
> [...]

And to increase campaign contributions from high tech companies,
including MS, to algore. This also didn't work. A handful of
simp-wimp feminista techies contributed to the Dems. Oh, and
Microsoft's market rivals...state capitalism at its best.

But the tech heavyweights are only contributing token amounts to the
Dems. Why should Cisco and Intel donate money to the inventor of the
Internet?

Now the Dems are seeing that a "breakup of Microsoft" will, if it
goes through, be remembered as the act which destroyed a U.S. company
for being too successful and handed the market to others.

So now the Dems are back-pedalling.

Janet Reno and algore will soon be reprising their Wen Ho Lee words:
"We are very troubled by what our subordinates were doing. We shall
begin an investigation. Pay no attention to your earlier comments.
Those statements are no longer operative."

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.