CDR: Re: Anonymous Remailers

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Wed Oct 4 20:05:18 PDT 2000

At 09:26 AM 10/3/00 -0400, dmolnar wrote:
>People will use your remailer to send spam and death threats. There may
>even be people who will use your remailer to send spam and death threats
>to themselves, simply because they hate remailers. The recipients will
>contact you and your ISP. Repeatedly.

You could set up a remailer which is never an exit point for mail,
so that your ISP never gets the flak.  This could still provide an
entrance point (e.g., SSL'd webform to encourage use) and also participate
in the randomly-store-and-forward mix-infrastructure.

This of course regresses the problem to the exit nodes.  But it encourages
more anonymizing infrastructure.

"The electron, in my judgment, is the ultimate precision-guided munition."
	-John Deutsch, CIA Director