CDR: Re: Spam free secure email accounts.

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Wed Oct 4 16:07:56 PDT 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Ray Dillinger wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Tom Vogt wrote:
>
> >same problem here: how do you find out whether or not a message is
> >encrypted?
>
> Plaintext looks like plaintext.

Yeah, if the only thing you right is simple English. Most of the planet
doesn't speak English and their plaintext doesn't necessarily look like
plaintext.

This is a xenophobic view.

> This isn't even a "real" problem, once you look at the text produced by, eg,
> PGP, GPG, and whatever  else you allow on the system.

Ah, here's the rub. Here we are trying to stop the government and other
organizations from dictating 'standards' and yet here you are wanting to
impose another one.

The function of an anonymous remailer should NOT be context/content
sensitive.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com