CDR: A famine averted...

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 01:48:26 PDT 2000

Hang about!  You asked why sellers wanted to put prices up when they
thought a big storm was coming, when "the good of the market" might want
prices kept down (as the government tried to do).

I was pointing out that there is no "good of the market" in this context
at all, just the interests of the participants. If someone thinks they
can get more money by selling at a higher price, they probably will,
regardless of any concept they (or you) might ave of the interests of
the market as a whole. Not pseudo-economics at all.

Now you seem to be accusing me of saying what you said...