CDR: Re: Anonymous Remailers cpunk

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Tue Oct 3 20:26:07 PDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Remember that we're talking about detecting spam on *outgoing* messages -

No, we're not. We ARE talking bout checking incoming messages to ensure
the body of the message is encrypted. No unencrypted traffic. End to end
crypto, all the way baby...

My question is still,

What algorithm is proposed that can reliably determine the difference
between plaintext and cyphertext, note that we don't know what algorithm
is used, with only 20 bytes/char's?

Another question I have is, does this mean that anonymous stego isn't
possible now with this approach. Though it does pose another facet to the
algorithm issue,

What algorithm will reliably find stego data?

That's a doozie.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com