CDR: Fwd: Re: Niiice kitty....

Reese reeza at flex.com
Tue Oct 3 23:52:28 PDT 2000

James A. Donald's claim below was mostly anonymized by a 3rd party I
shared this with, it was then forwarded to another list.

I've anonymized these two replies, and add this to the ongoing thread
for continued comment.

James?  What would be a good question to ask entity 1?

Reese

<begin fwd>

entity 1 writes:
I'm not sure what this thread is about, but when I scrolled down I saw
something pretty familiar. That would be the phrase "digsig," which is
the handle of one James Donald. This guy has to be one of the nuttier
infamous people on the Internet. He has been waging an anti-Chomksy war
on various anarchist and libertarian newsgroups for OVER 5 YEARS. One of
his favorite libels is to claim that Chomsky supported the Khymer Rouge.

If Chomsky was any cuter and a Hollywood celebrity, this guy would have
been arrested for stalking a long time ago.

I don't read Usenet much, but everytime I check in, he's there posting
away. I can only imagine what his den looks like. I'm sure he has a
Chomsky picture on the dartboard and the rest of his office is arranged
to aid him in his campaign to make the world safe for libertarian
capitalists who need a life.

.sig

entity 2 wrote:

 > On the quote in question, I have a copy of Clive Ponting's Churchill
 > book balanced on my knee right now, and I can confirm that the quote is
 > word for word, except that the emphases have fallen off it with the loss
 > of italics ('an innocent record and' 'altogether disproportionate'
 > 'mainly acquired by violence, largely maintained by force').
 >
 > Strike one to Chomsky.
 >
 > .sig
 >

 > entity 3 writes
 > >Well,
 > >
 > >Where's the evidence that he misquotes more often than any other
 > >researcher [let alone deliberately]. Has someone compiled a compendium
 > >of his misdeeds?
 > >
 > >.sig

<snipped info identifying other list>