CDR: RE: Anonymous Remailers cpunk

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Tue Oct 3 13:12:22 PDT 2000

> ----------

No, it's still a problem. The goals here are to insulate intermediaries
from responsibility for content, and make the intermediaries
unfriendly to spammers. With your suggestion, the responsibility
for content - and spamming - is dumped on the list-server or
gateway owner, which is no better than dumping it on the
terminal remailer. I no more want to see a listserv or gateway
owner in trouble than I do a remailer operator.

Forwarding plaintext, or exploding plaintext to many recipients
is what can get you into trouble.

[...]

Peter Trei