CDR: Re: Rijndael & NTRU

Paulo S. L. M. Barreto paulo.barreto at terra.com.br
Tue Oct 3 01:26:14 PDT 2000

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000, Vin McLellan wrote:

>          Anyone know of any other commercial firms (other than the
> respective developers) which made an overt pre-announcement commitment to
> one of the AES candidates?

I've been told that entrust is embedding CAST-256, but this don't seem to
matter that much.  I wouldn't be surprised if RSA did the same with RC6; it is
much less probable that IBM or Counterpane do this regarding MARS and Twofish,
respectively. Counterpane lists several products known to implement Twofish.
The shareware library MIRACL includes Rijndael for a long time now.  I don't
think it's difficult to find more examples.

Paulo.