CDR: Re: Gore Office Accused of e-mail Diversion

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Oct 3 06:05:29 PDT 2000

I see no big deal here : you can only produce records that exist. Making
the choice to delete e-mails simply means that you want them to be more
like a conversation than a printed document. Destroying a document prior
having received an order to produce it as far as I know is no crime.
Almost like an ISP service having a stated policy of not keeping logs
beyond some fixed time period. Next.

What I would love to see is one of our sneaky little politicians being
ordered to turn over e-mails and offering them in encrypted form. Let's
see how they would feel about compelled disclosure of keys.

Mike