CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

Steven Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Mon Oct 2 23:23:03 PDT 2000

"James A.. Donald" wrote:
> If Churchill really said such a thing, we would have some source better
> than Chomsky for it, and if Churchill really did say it, Chomsky would have
> given us a source that was possible to verify.

But if Chomsky were in the habit of making up or "massaging" quotes,
perhaps he wouldn't give full reference information even for real
quotes. That way, when he did make up a quote, the lack of full cite
wouldn't count as a datum supporting the "made up" hypothesis.

Double-thinkingly yours,
SRF

--
Steve Furlong, Computer Condottiere     Have GNU, will travel
   518-374-4720     sfurlong at acmenet.net