CDR: Re: Niiice kitty....

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Oct 2 22:41:30 PDT 2000

     --
At 07:49 AM 10/2/2000 -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote: If you're in a
hurry to actually back up your assertion, however, you're welcome to
do so sooner, if you would like. :-).

How can I prove Churchill did not say this?  The problem is the curious
absence of evidence that he did say it.

The words sound more Chomskian than Churchillian.  As with so many
remarkably Chomsy sounding quotes the source is so vague that failure to
find it can never be held as proof that Chomsky made it up.

If Churchill really said such a thing, we would have some source better
than Chomsky for it, and if Churchill really did say it, Chomsky would have
given us a source that was possible to verify.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      szxxNSRTF2hqGokTe4pEi1HN0v7ML+gJClXW1Vcu
      4i2EZSRU++C5ilvvAmDcHPpIjAAdRwU9+ndWqhck2