Shunning, lesbians and liberty

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Oct 1 00:27:18 PDT 2000

     --
At 12:30 PM 9/28/2000 +0300, Sampo A Syreeni wrote:
 > >  > Oh but it is quite possible to put people in similar trouble if
 > >  > we grant that the right to property is absolute - if somebody
 > >  > owns on a sufficiently wide scale the basic commodities one
 > >  > needs to survive in the modern world (like fresh water, farming
 > >  > land, employment opportunities), others are born right in the
 > >  > middle of the proverbial desert.

James A. Donald:

At 11:27 AM 9/29/2000 -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
 > I assume (hope!) that you are merely being sarcastic.

I am simply reporting what any fool can see.  Where do we see mass
starvation?  today we see it in North Korea, where the government has
charge of food production and distribution, and a little earlier we saw it
in Ethiopia where the same system applied.  All the big famines were
created by governments.

Similarly, where do we see homelessness?  Most of it is in San Francisco,
half jokingly known as the people's republic as San Francisco, because of
its drastic governmental management of housing.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      t5O4eL2x0M6k7ndK2ThplFXEUsakal5yFhuyqT6b
      446e1qEYP/CB8TwFUBQP4NPbSlL+pdOJj4HbaMaPi