online copy of Vinge's True Names

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Thu Nov 30 14:33:36 PST 2000

On Thursday 30 November 2000 15:31, Bill Stewart wrote:
> At 10:09 PM 11/29/00 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> >   Hmm, all I get when I go there is a blank page, but it looks like some
> >really big files a loading before it gets there.Wonder wht I'm
> > downloading? Wonder if I'm bullet proof?  Care to download it and send it
> > to me?
>
> Netscape 4.7x choked on it.
> Internet Exploder loads it just fine.
> 				Thanks!
> 					Bill
> Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com
> PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639

The wonderful KDE2 Browswer 'Konqueror' loaded it with no
problems.  Of course it was being pounded heavily, but it
did eventually come up.

BTW: If you get a chance to install Linux Mandrake 7.2 distribution,
I highly recommend KDE2.  Despite a few remaining bugs Konqueror is
the browser so many of us waited for from the Mozilla group, but never
received.

ObCrypto: Konqueror implements full SSL with client-side certs
and its Cryptography configuration dialog allows fine-grained control
over crypto settings (as well as displaying transforms currently in use).

jim

--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of
himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we