CDR: Re: Lost password

Tom Vogt tom at ricardo.de
Thu Nov 30 04:34:52 PST 2000

Jim Choate wrote:
> I"m still waiting on somebody to tell me how to reliably tell if a
> individual piece of email is encrypted or not, without of course setting
> up a whole set of policies and rules (which is sooooo un-cypherpunk).

<sigh>
didn't we have that a LONG time ago?

the solution is easy, if you accept a few limitations. namely, you go
for the top 99% only and accept only algorithms that are known to you.
of course you'll be able to come up with some kind of encryption that
looks like spam if you try, but that's not the point.