ZKS -- the path to world domination

outlaw outlaw at zeroknowledge.com
Thu Nov 30 08:47:03 PST 2000

> > I experienced (twice) a failure in my Windows 98 network stack after
> > installing the Freedom client - it apparently replaced/modified/removed
> > some DLL component which was important to 32-bit Winsock connections,
> > which meant that Eudora and web browsers stopped working.
>
> Freedom's trying to do some pretty ambitious things in interfacing
> with the windows stack from within the tcp stack and transparently
> re-writing and redirecting packets at that level.  That area of
> windows isn't the best documented.  If you were using an early version
> things may have improved a lot since then.  Also I think win2000 stuff
> is more amenable to the things freedom is trying to do.

In the past year considerable resources were affected to increase the
ease of use and to resolve compatibility issues with Freedom. Improvements
in the interoperability area, improvements in the qa testing area, and
alot of refactoring has greatly improved the overall quality. So yes, it
has improved alot. Any 2.0 installation woes during Beta were far and few
between.

Mario

Disclaimer: as always these are my personal comments.