CDR: Re: Authenticate the "adult field", go to jail...

R. A. Hettinga rah at ibuc.com
Wed Nov 29 16:54:38 PST 2000

At 7:27 PM -0500 on 11/29/00, Steven Furlong wrote:

> Not a good comparison. The nation-states which issue the currency are
> also the nation-states which make the laws and have (or attempt to have)
> a monopoly on guns.

:-).

> How well are or were private currencies insulated from legal action?
> Say, in 19th-century United States?

Indeed.

We'll just have to see, I suppose. For IBUC so far I've met much more
regulatory enthusiasm for lower transaction cost than I have resistance to
potential anonymity.

As I'm fond of saying, reality, especially economic reality, is not optional.

Cheers,
RAH
--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA