CDR: Re: Authenticate the "adult field", go to jail...

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Wed Nov 29 14:18:23 PST 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, David Honig wrote:

> Some kind of 'common-carrier' protection would be helpful
> to those providing generic services like credit card validation.

Actually it wouldn't because to get 'common carrier' you've got to open
yourself up to other sorts of government regulation and such. It would add
an over-head to the business that it doesn't need.

What we need is respect for the 1st (where is 'common carrier' in the
Constitution anyway?).

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com