CDR: Re: Vinge

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Nov 29 11:55:12 PST 2000

At 08:24 AM 11/29/00 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>      And they also say "March 2001", but given the fact that the print
>industry is much like the software industry in vaporous publishing dates,
>who knows when?. Amazon compounds this by advertising all sorts of books,
>etc. that they don't have in hand.
>       But I'll probably buy the new edition when it comes out. I spend
>ridiculous amounts of money on books every month anyway. Just went to one of
>those remaindered book outlets last weekend and bought 6-7 books, then went
>to Barnes & Noble and bought more.
>        Like I said, I'd really be happy running a used book store. Guess I'm
>just a book freak.

AddALL, the best OP book meta search engine, lists quite a few copies
including some in the $20-$40 range.

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?order=TITLE&ordering=ASC&author=Vinge&title=True+Names&keyword=&submit=Find+the+Book&isbn=&match=Y&dispCurr=USD&binding=Any+Binding&min=&max=&StoreAbebooks=on&StoreAlibris=on&StoreAntiqbook=on&StoreBibliofind=on&StoreBiblion=on&StoreBookCloseOuts=on&StoreBookAvenue=on&StoreGutenberg=on&StoreHalf=on&StoreJustBooks=on&StorePowells=on

I got my copy the easy way by buying it in 1984.

DCF

----
[1] And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
[3} ... but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why
then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to
Israel?
[7] And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel. 1
Chronicles 21.