CDR: Re: Survey meters.

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 06:18:36 PST 2000

I was 99% sure that these posts were some sort of spam-scam, whose
purpose I didn't quite get.  (Am I falling for it by replying?)

And about 1% doubtful that it might be a genuine company who had somehow
been tricked into sending mail to toad. In which case, if you are
reading this, know that your mail got sent to an obsolete gateway to a
discussion list on the political and economic effects of new
communication technologies & cryptography and we don't now anything
about scintillation meters (I haven't used one since September).

But what if, just what if, it is some crazy snoop trying to fish for
illegal arms dealers? Are they that crass? Are they that imaginative? Do
they really have that much time and money to play with? Are these the
sort of people who have been so successful in getting Iraq to disarm?

(if there are any intelligence agents reading this, that last bit was an
example of "irony". This paragraph is "sarcasm".   You need to know
about those things to decode communications between civilians. Look it
up in the handbook. It will be in the exam.)

Ken