CDR: ecash, cut & choose and private credentials (Re: Jim Bell)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Nov 29 11:14:45 PST 2000

     --
Adam Back wrote:
 > Hal says:
 > >
 > > http://www.finney.org/~hal/chcash1.html and
 > > http://www.finney.org/~hal/chcash2.html
 >
 > Wow look at the dates on those files -- Oct 93, and we still no
 > deployed ecash.  You'd think there would be a market there for porn
 > sites alone with merchant repudiation rates, and lack of privacy in
 > other payment systems.

The obvious starting market for good ecash is perverse
pornography.  Another good starting market is interactive sexual
performance over the internet.

There have been many attempts at ecash, but I am not aware of any products
involving useful, spendable, convenient, anonymous ecash targeted at that
or similar markets.  The only really usable anonymous ecash was that of the
Mark Twain bank, which crippled its cash to prevent it from being used by
that market.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      cuh+C3eQWhWRJIpgp5acy1daeH/5d+NO2bZhXHVs
      4Hv1Pc6eHQUlIx4xPSzdjsiVbnVV9HicHxjPDRDxk