CDR: Re: Imagine

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Nov 29 02:27:38 PST 2000

Anonymous wrote:

> Ken Brown <k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > And what's more some of these non-existent female professors even have
> > web pages.  Sorry.
>
> Care to name one?
>
> > prominent non-teaching posts. Uppsala has large numbers of female
> > "Doktorand", who I presume are what here in England we'd call
> > "lecturer." For most of the readers of this list, they would be
> > "professor".
>
> Doctoral student.

On the web pages I quoted in the posting you are replying to:

http://www.uu.se/Adresser/Directory/HS.html#HS (Economic History)
http://www.uu.se/Adresser/Directory/deps/HH8.html (History)

we have references to  Prof Ragnhild Lundstrvm, who I assume from the
name is a woman. But, as I said, their are dozens of references to
other  female academics there who, to the Americans on the list) would
count as "professors". Heck, in France, schoolteachers can be called
Prof.

Not that it matters because I doubt if anyone seriously thinks that that
spoof has been anywhere near either Uppsala or Zimbabwe. It is still
funny though.

Ken