CDR: Is PGP broken? (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Nov 28 19:17:10 PST 2000

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:22:18 -0500 (EST)
From: Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com>
To: cryptography at c2.net
Subject: Is PGP broken?

Is it just me, or is PGP broken?  I don't mean any particular version
of PGP -- I mean the fact that there are multiple versions of PGP
which generate incompatible cryptography.  Half the time when someone
sends me a PGP-encrypted message, I can't decrypt it.  Presuming that
I'm right, is anyone attempting to fix PGP?

Not to mention anything about PGP keyservers, or the utter and
complete absence of anybody doing point-source PGP signing.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | The best way to help the poor