CDR: RE: Internet anonymity/pseudonymity meeting invitation

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Nov 28 13:01:20 PST 2000

At 09:33 PM 11/27/00 -0500, dmolnar wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Trei, Peter wrote:
>> Does anyone besides me find irony in having a 'get-to-know-you'
>> session for a group studying anonymity?
>
>Pseudonymity as well, isn't it?

The Bay Area Cypherpunks Meetings have had visitors such as
"Lucky Green", "Black Unicorn", "Lawrence from Boulder", "Ogre",
"John Doe #3", multiple "Tim May"s and Detweilers, "Hey You", and
people who either didn't mention their names or gave plausible-sounding
names that didn't trigger the "obvious pseudonym" test.

Some of those people have used other names at the meeting as well;
it was quite a while before Lucky decided to let his other
well-known name overlap into Cypherpunks namespace,
and Black Unicorn has used several names in various contexts.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com