CDR: Re: Janet Reno on Florida, children, violence

Jim Burnes jburnes at savvis.net
Tue Nov 28 10:10:35 PST 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> At 10:10 AM -0500 on 11/28/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> > ATTORNEY GENERAL JANET RENO'S SCHEDULE
> > Attends Florida's Children Exposed to Violence "Safe from the
> > Start"
> > Summit, Palm Beach Community College, 4200 Congress Ave., Lake Worth,
> > FL
> > Location: Location Not Listed.
> > Contact: 202-616-2771
>
> Meanwhile there was a legal conference here at Harvard recently on the
> day-care "child-abuse" witch hunt hysteria that got JR her first bones as a
> DA, and, eventually, the AGUS job. They had the younger Ms. Amerault there,
> recently out of stir awaiting a probably-never-to-be-held retrial -- her
> 70-something year old mother having recently died of terminal
> claustrophobia from said prison visit -- whose brother is still in jail
> begging for a parole-board commutation for a "crime" he didn't commit.
>
> Meanwhile JR quite literally burns a score or two of children in Waco and
> goes around headlining "its for the children" conferences like the above.
>
> The irony meter pegs.
>
> It takes a village to hang a witch and burn a child, I guess.
>
> Cheers,
> RAH

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When Dubya finally assumes the crown, the AGUS appointment will be
the biggest relief for me.  Not that I'm personally affected.  It's
just that having a baby burner refusing to resign for that long and
then talk about children's exposure to violence...

Its like some scene out of Catch 22.
(hope that line doesn't activate some damn MKUltra droid ;-)

jim

--
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of
himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we