CDR: Re: Wanted TLD operators for the ORSC

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Nov 28 09:36:53 PST 2000

At 05:44 AM 11/28/00 -0500, Joe Baptista wrote:
>I'm looking for people who want to operate tlds in the orsc zone.
>You need to know BIND, and have a familiarity with database programming
>like mysql.
>If anyone is interested - send me a private email and i'll followup on it
>this weekend and we can start getting you online.
>
>The orsc needs new blood.  It's stagnated at 380 member tlds.

Well, if you're not averse to stirring up trouble (:-),
see if you can find the contact for China's proposed
.[Chinese-Unicode-Character-for-Commercial] TLD,
which they announced would be competing with ICANN's .com
for Chinese-language domain names.
I don't know what the phonetic equivalent of the name is,
but maybe they'd also want somebody to run ".chicom" mirroring it...

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com