CDR: Re: Imagine

Alex B. Shepardsen abs at squig.org
Tue Nov 28 08:03:57 PST 2000

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>         And of course if algore wins thru his court challenges, most
> people would see that as a rigged election as well.  Which it is --
> either way.  Just two criminal gangs fighting over turf.

So we've got a problem. The voting methods we have aren't adequate. It's
obvious that something needs to be done to fix this for the future... but
what would you have happen now?

Without a full recount, Bush's victory will always be questioned.

With more legal battles from Gore, he loses credibility as the US citizens
lose faith in the electorial process.

How do you propose this be handled? I've not seen any good suggestions yet
that address all concerns.

Alex