CDR: Re: Jim Bell arrested documents online

Tom Vogt tom at ricardo.de
Mon Nov 27 03:08:15 PST 2000

David Honig wrote:
> But the threat of coercion is not so abstract: you *do* see guns on the hip
> of every cop or park ranger you run into.  And 'cop shows' detail the
> paramilitary forces ready to knock down your doors.  I have yet to see
> free-ranging IKEA police threatening the citizens or constitution recently.

that's because corporations work more efficiently than governments. they
use whatever does the job with the minimal cost. at the moment, it's
armies of lawyers sueing critics to hell and back for some bogus shit.
the government thoughtfully provides the weapons and thugs once you won
in the courtroom.

rest assured, once the government stops doing so (e.g. by disappearing),
corporations *will* start to raise armies of their own.