CDR: Re: "Needs killing"

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Fri Nov 24 11:25:18 PST 2000

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Tim May wrote:

> At 10:36 AM -0800 11/24/00, Ray Dillinger wrote:
> >
> >The "Needs Killing" verbiage you see here, I think, is mostly from
> >people who, correctly or not, tend to think in terms either of there
> >not being any governments, or in terms of the government being so
> >ineffective that they are effectively in an ungoverned state.
> >

> No, you're still not up on the past traffic on this list. Which makes
> having you be an _interpreter_ all the more strange.
>
> Saying "Gun grabbers need killing" is a statement about what is
> moral. It doesn't depend on whether government is effective or not,
> or whether it exists or not.

No it's actualy an over-blown generalization with little if any
application to the real world.

If ANY 'gun grabber' deserves to be killed then self-defence is not
justifiable. After all, you're just trying to 'grab' the gun of your
assailant. So much for your 'moral'.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com