CDR: Re: Jim Bell arrested, documents online

Tom Vogt tom at ricardo.de
Fri Nov 24 02:58:52 PST 2000

petro wrote:

> >Oh come now.  You have real recourse against Bill Gates and John Tesh
>
>         Bill Gates is a questionable case, but there is no doubt that
> John Tesh should die.

if everyone who hates windos puts $10 in a box, you'd need quite a large
box. which makes one wonder why the guy is still alive. or why Linus is
still alive, given the fact that M$ could easily pay for the most
professional contract killers on the globe. I mean: all of them.

>         It really is only the mentally disturbed that kill for any
> reason other than self defense or other *huge* cause.
>
>         10 million dollars is, IMO a huge cause.

the only problem I have with this is that it tends to get the
figureheads killed. not the biggest assholes, but the somewhat-assholes
with a high publicity. instead of learning responsibility, government
would most likely cast a couple new protection laws. say, make it
illegal to publish a politician's name. "our president has today..."