CDR: Re: Jim Bell arrested documents online

Anonymous mix at mix2.hyperreal.pl
Thu Nov 23 18:51:32 PST 2000

>Anyway, the distinction between business and politics is less clear than
>you make out - or seems less clear to many people in countries outside
>America. In most places the government is in the pockets of the people
>with the money - and in most places presidents and governors are quick

This is a part of official mythology that very few americans escape.

I also noticed seemingly intelligent people bending their brains
to explain how something that business does is less evil than the
same thing done by government.

Apparently because businesses do not use guns.

They are missing the fact that majority of people never encounter/use
guns in their life, and that the principal way of behavioural control
is propaganda/ideology. Most of the people in the industrial world are
directly and tightly controlled by corporations, not governments.

I have seen people that fear their bosses/corporate policies/landlords/
creditors more than they ever feared government - simply because they
never had to deal with government on adverse terms. Their lives are not
shaped by governments - business does that. That is the reality.

But corporations did a great job of propping up the government as the
target for frustration, and it shows. Long time ago I read a story about
the guy whose job was to be fired: a company would screw up something,
and the guy was hired, presented to be the company exec, and then
humiliated and fired in front of the customer. Sounds familiar ?