CDR: Jim Bell arrested, documents online

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 13:56:01 PST 2000

At 01:36 PM 11/21/00 -0800, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>Check out the affidavit/complaint at:
>http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/11/21/1944238
>
>Background documents:
>http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/11/11/101218
>
>Wired News article on arrest:
>http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,40300,00.html
>
>-Declan

So what're the sentencing guidelines for harassment of federal officials?

I hope James will argue that he was gathering addresses so that he could
picket them (which is legal).  Petition the government for redress of
grievances...

I know James gets carried away with rhetoric.  It' better to say things in
such a way that you are immune to prosecution.  You can say and do pretty
much the same things.  It's all in the words.

DCF

----
Mods vs. Trads.  Mods are much less likely than Trads to form lasting
family relationships, they kill themselves and others much more frequently,
they suffer more from drug and substance abuse, they are more prone to
disease, they even have a higher accident rate, they have lower family
incomes, their MMPIs are much more jagged, their life expectancy is
shorter, and they score lower on tests designed to show levels of personal
happiness or satisfaction.  Sounds like a maladaption to me.