CDR: Re: Missouri AG needing postnatal abortion

Eric Michael Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Mon Nov 20 19:21:39 PST 2000

Jim Burnes wrote:

> >                     "I dont really have any recourse," he said.

> Ummm, let me think.  Move to a different ISP/NSP idiot!

I think the point here is that almost every ISP has weasel-wording in
their TOS which permits them to terminate service for any reason, or for
no reason at all, to delete your files, and to bill you for any expenses
they incur during your sodomization.

While one can of course shop for another ISP, such antics usually take
place when they are the most inconvenient, and when ones activities have
attracted the maximum unwelome attention.

This tends to make popular speech free, less popular speech less free, and
really unpopular speech darned expensive.

Since the majority of the Sheeple will always trade rights and privacy for
convenience in an instant, people who have something unpopular to say
always end up paying everyone's free speech bill, and not just their own.

This is, depending on your view of the sanctity of markets, either a
GoodThing or a BadThing.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+