CDR: RE: Public Key Infrastructure: An Artifact...

cgripp at axcelerant.com cgripp at axcelerant.com
Mon Nov 20 13:06:09 PST 2000

So what is the acceptable threshold of errors?  1 in a 1000000?  What if
that 1 is the invalid certificate that allows your bank account to be
compromised.  CA's should either be 100% or 0% trustworthy.  I do agree that
there needs to be a protocol to allow CA's to compare databases of
certificates for mismatches etc that might reveal an attempt at publishing a
fraudulent certificate.

Gripp