CDR: Re: Bob's Bank. Hi, I'm Bob. Just slip it in this pocket here.

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Nov 17 22:46:38 PST 2000

At 11:52 AM 11/17/00 -0500, George at orwellian.org wrote:
>#    The illegal bank, operated out a warehouse just east of Portland,
>#    offered customers anonymous banking transactions to conceal income
>#    and assets, according to IRS Special Agent Kathleen Sulmonetti.
>#    Nine hundred customers deposited $186 million in the warehouse
>#    bank with the money then being shuffled into legitimate commercial
>#    bank accounts, she said.

That sounds a lot like the DEA estimates of how much the street value
of marijuana plants are ("Let's see, under ideal conditions this plant
could produce 2 kilos of product, and the highest price we've ever seen
for dope was $X/ounce, so this flat of 2" high seedlings is worth
FIVE MILLION DOLLARS!")  I bet the counted or double-counted the money
any time anything moved.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com