CDR: Re: Bob's Bank. Hi, I'm Bob. Just slip it in this pocket here.

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Nov 17 09:57:35 PST 2000

At 9:07 AM -0800 11/17/00, Marshall Clow wrote:
>At 11:52 AM -0500 11/17/00, George at orwellian.org forwarded:
>>http://www.foxnews.com/national/1117/d_ap_1117_84.sml
>>#
>>#    Group accused of operating bank to defraud IRS
>>#
>>#    10.54 a.m. ET (1609 GMT) November 17, 2000
>>#
>>[snip]
>>#    The illegal bank, operated out a warehouse just east of Portland,
>>#    offered customers anonymous banking transactions to conceal income
>>#    and assets, according to IRS Special Agent Kathleen Sulmonetti.
>>#    Nine hundred customers deposited $186 million in the warehouse
>>#    bank with the money then being shuffled into legitimate commercial
>>#    bank accounts, she said.
>
>900 people --> $186M. That's $206K each.
>That's a lot of money to put into a 'bank'.
>--

And a lot of money for "Christian Patriots."

Not to belittle either Christians or Patriots, but folks like this
typically have problems making the monthly payments on their
double-wides.

Smells fishy, so to speak.

--Tim May
--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)