CDR: RE: Florida Electorial defection threat!

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Wed Nov 15 06:58:09 PST 2000

If you go back to the thread I started last week
'A strange election scenario', you'll find that I
raised this possibility the day after the election.

It would take at least two faithless electors to
swing the election to Gore. One would make it
a dead heat, and send the decision to Congress.

[It's been pointed out that Bush's lead in
Florida is less than the margin of error of
the various counting methods. For all
rational purposes, the election there is
a tie. But elections are not a rational process,
and must arrive at single anointed winner. A
coin flip would be as fair as the various
machinations underway.]

Peter