CDR: Welcome to CNN Community

community at cnn.com community at cnn.com
Tue Nov 14 11:45:02 PST 2000

Welcome, Joe Cypher.

You have registered as a provisional user for CNN Community. To become a
full member, please visit the following URL:

http://community.cnn.com/cgi-bin/WebX?confirm@@!user=65247&auth=n4EvcoEla5K

If the above link is truncated, or the text after the exclamation point is black, please copy and paste the entire link into the address window of your internet browser and press the enter key.

In some email clients, the URL repeats. If you see the letters "HREF" followed by a repeat of the URL (http://community.cnn.com/...etc), be sure to only copy the information to the left of the second "HREF".

Otherwise, just follow the link back to the message boards to activate your account.

You may find our standards more stringent than other Web-based Communities. We are confident you will come to appreciate the friendly atmosphere and sharply focused discussions we strive to maintain.

Comments posted on our message boards which violate our standards are routinely removed without further comment.
Chatters who violate our standards while in our chat rooms will be removed from the chat server.

Please abide by the following code of conduct that prohibits:

-No  profanity or obscenities of any kind, even disguised with *asterisks.

-No personal attacks on other Community participants (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion)

-Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated.

-Please do not stray from the discussion topic.

-No impersonation of other participants or public figures.  A user may choose an <B>appropriate nickname</B> on message boards or in chat as long as a real name is used in the personal information field (which is not publicly visible on message side).

-No advertising  of any kind, including non-profit organizations.

-No copyrighted material is allowed.  Please use links instead of quotes from sources outside CNN.

-On message boards no oversize fonts, JavaScript, tables, headings or other advanced HTML commands are allowed.  Please use only bold or colored fonts to emphasize your points.

Thank you for joining us, and we look forward to having you visit.