CDR: Re: Close Elections and Causality

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Nov 14 10:04:42 PST 2000

At 10:20 AM +0000 11/14/00, Ken Brown wrote:

>But maybe to redraw the boundaries. That's a common problem in Britain.
>Every now and again some government (almost always Conservative, for
>reasons to do with gerrymandering I suspect) gets it into its head that
>it would be a Good Thing if counties were more or less the same size so
>tried to amalgamate smaller ones and split larger ones and "rationalize"
>boundaries.

You _do_ know, I assume, that the very term "gerrymandering" came
from experiences in the U.S.?

(Not to be confused with "jerrymathersing," which refers to the false
claim that a person died in a war.)

--Tim May

--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)