CDR: Re: A secure voting protocol

Matt Elliott melliott at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 13 15:06:27 PST 2000

>So, what's with this business about the absentee ballots coming in
>until Friday, November 17th?

Federal law that trumps the state's laws.  The federal laws only applies to
certain classes of absentees.  For those that weren't covered by the
Federal standard the state standard applies.  I believe the state standard
applies to state and local offices as well.  So the late arriving ballots
will only effect the national offices, not the state ones.

But since I'm in Tim's kill file he won't get to see any of this wisdom.