CDR: Re: A secure voting protocol

Phaedrus phaedrus at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Nov 13 15:49:45 PST 2000

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Tim May wrote:

> California absentee ballots require no such thing. My parents, as I
> said, voted absentee California for many years. They simply filled
> out their absentee ballots and dropped them in the mailbox.

I'm fairly sure that virginia in 1996 was similar -- I voted absentee in
VA that year (being a college student at the time) and I don't recall
having to find a notary public, which, given that I was in bumfuck, west
virginia would have been a significant outing (along the lines of going to
K-mart -- and I remember all the times we did that...)

Ph.