CDR: Re: A secure voting protocol

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Nov 13 14:57:11 PST 2000

At 2:41 PM -0800 11/13/00, Tim May wrote:

>No mention of getting a witness, etc.
>
>I'll leave it for others to check on Florida, Idaho, etc. versions.

I just checked the Florida site,
http://www.absenteeballot.net/Florida.htm, and found no mention
whatsoever of requirements that someone witness the process, etc.

However, I _did_ find this interesting language:

"Marked ballots must be mailed or delivered in person reaching the
supervisor of elections' office not later than 7 p.m. on the day of
the election."

So, what's with this business about the absentee ballots coming in
until Friday, November 17th?

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.