CDR: Re: jabbascript ads on algebra.com

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Mon Nov 13 12:08:22 PST 2000

They worked fine when I looked at it, though Jabbascript is
unreliable enough on Netscape that I may have gotten lucky
(e.g. looked at it when the memory leaks hadn't leaked much,
caches weren't too full, rest of the memory on my pc wasn't
swapping itself to death, etc.)

It's unsafe for the users to enable it, because they might
encounter web pages with malicious or broken scripts,
but when it's well-written it really does work ok,
at least most of the time.

At 12:20 AM 11/13/00 +0100, Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>Actually there's a much more mundane reason for people not viewing the
>ads on algebra.com.  The javascipt code is broken and doesn't display
>anything in netscape.  So if you view the page with netscape, the ads
>don't show...
>
>Oh well, using javascript is a stupid idea anyway.  I think you got
>what you deserved on that one...

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com