CDR: More news from Somalia:

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Nov 12 20:10:47 PST 2000

     --
 From time to time newspaper articles appear on how well all is going for
the newly formed Somali government, despite the fact that it has twice fled
Somalia and does not seem to govern very much.  It has now returned to
Somalia for the third time.

A recent news article announced the new Somalian government was recruiting
to form an army.  It failed to report that the main function of this army
would be to make war on other Somalis, and that the general leading this
army was assassinated a couple of days after recruitment began:

I predicted that the new government would become yet another warlord.  This
process seems well under way.

A fan of the new government and of governments in general
(marqaan at my-deja.com), reports the situation as follows:

 > If the cowards who murdered general Talan thought they could
 > de-stabilize the newly formed transitional government, they made a
 > big mistake, it will be even a bigger and more tragic  mistake if
 > this murder was orchestrated by elements from the Somaliland,
 > because this will surely cause the Gadabuursi clan of the Awdal
 > region to question their status within the Somaliland administration
 > and seek revenge (and righfully and justly so)against a high ranking
 > member of the Isaq clan within the Somaliland administration.
 >
 > The new administration in the south is talking about finding and
 > bringing into justice those who were behind the killing of Gen.
 > Talan, this is nice and beautifull, but we all know that the only
 > kind of justice that works in Somalia is "Revenge", any politician
 > or influential member belonging to the clan or clans who were behind
 > this act must now watch their backs, sooner or later they will have
 > to pay for the crimes of their folk, the Somali way.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      UzG9mQ/rq7yY1+Pz5TeVvVLDZtSmQGX2jGKvp8Ex
      42N0ZphAAHCnvrqUABiEDRUiw2lqlva8MhDRP5cGj