CDR: 6th CACR Information Security Workshop - Slides now online

Robert Guerra rguerra at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 14:39:27 PST 2000

Hi folks:

I attended t he Sixth CACR Information Security Workshop in Toronto
the other day . The slides presented by the speakers are online and
available at the URL's below..

http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/2000/isw-sixth/announcement.html
The Sixth CACR Information Security Workshop, also titled the 1st
Annual Privacy and Security Workshop,was help on Friday, November 10,
2000 at the Fields Institute, Toronto, Ontario.

Slides for the presentations are available at:
http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/2000/isw-sixth/slides2.html

Slides available:

€ Ann Cavoukian
Privacy by Design: Building Trust into Technology

€ David Wallace
Meeting the Challenges og Privacy in the
Ontario Government

€ Barry Sookman
Incorporating Privacy into the Security Domain:
Issues and Solutions
€ Stefan Brands
PKI versus Private Credentials
€ Brenda Watkins
Security and Government On-Line: Getting the Model Right
€ Peter Cullen
Managing the Balance of Privacy - Why it Matters
€ Jo Anne DeLaurentiis
Privacy Protection Made Simple: How technical design
can help you meet your commitment to privacy in the
marketplace
€ Guy Herriges
The Privacy Impact Assessment Guidelines
--
"...as we transfer our whole being to the data bank, privacy will
become a ghost or echo of its former self and what remains of