CDR: Re: Ruling Says Parents Have Right to See List of Sites Students Visit

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Nov 11 22:36:13 PST 2000

I want to tell you what An Metet <cypherpunks at openpgp.net> said
about "Ruling Says Parents Have Right to S" on 11 Nov 2000, at 0:41

> In an opinion sure to heighten the tension between some parents
> and school systems over the Internet's role in publicly financed
> education, a New Hampshire judge has decided that a parent is
> entitled to see a list of the Internet sites or addresses visited
> by computer users at local schools.

And so I wonder if this applies equally well to the "blocked site"
lists used by blocking software that a school might use -- as a
parent I want to know exactly from which sites the school is
protecting my child... (and not merely the sites my child has
attempted to access and been blocked from)

Perhaps the blocking software companies who sell to schools and
libraries may need to disclose their lists based on this decision!

--Bob