CDR: Re: Democrat FUD: "If our lead does not mount, you must re-count!"

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Nov 11 13:04:51 PST 2000

At 11:55 AM -0800 11/11/00, Tim May wrote:

>* Stage Four of the FUD Campaign, current: "We demand a manual
>recount. Two counts, the first one and then the state-mandated
>machine recount, are not enough. We are certain that if certain
>counties are counted again, and again, that the extra votes we need
>will be found."
>
>[As Jesse Jackson and Johnnie Cockroach might singsong: "If our lead
>does not mount, you must re-count!']

* Stage 4.5 of the FUD Campaign, Saturday afternoon: "It's the chads,
the little pieces of paper punched out but hanging by a thread." (How
appropriate: "hanging by a thread") The Democrats are demanding that
ballots marked as spoiled be checked to see if they have
"indentations" or "chads."

Of course, how these indentations or chads have anything to do with
Democrats vs. Republicans is unclear...

Except that the Democrat Party is requesting the recounts in heavily
Democrat precincts!

They understand that by recounting, and recounting, and then
switching to manual analysis of ballots IN DEMOCRAT-LEANING PRECINCTS
they can probably pick up some additional votes for Gore. Simple
statistics.

The obvious point is that such additional vacuum-cleaning should not
be allowed. And if it is allowed in a single precinct, absent some
strong evidence that that precinct had precinct-specific "chad
problems" with its machines, then ALL precincts should be counted in
an identical fashion.

A daunting, and expensive, and time-consuming process. A manual
inspection of six million ballots will take several weeks.

Which may be the Gore strategy, ironically. Get the process in
Florida so bogged-down that Florida is left out of the Electoral
College process on December 18th. According to many legal scholars,
the election would then hinge on a majority of those who were at the
EC meeting, even if Florida were to be absent. Advantage: Gore.

Fucked up, yes.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.